How Oxbryta works
Oxbryta is a hemoglobin S polymerization inhibitor—this means it may help prevent the
process that causes red blood cells to sickle (the polymerization of hemoglobin S).
About sickle cell
Learn about how red blood cells
sickle and the important role that
hemoglobin plays in carrying
oxygen throughout your body.
For patients prescribed
Oxbryta: get support
and enrollment info
Find Oxbryta information, enrollment support, and help connecting to financial assistance programs for Oxbryta. Learn
more and find out how to enroll.
How to take Oxbryta
- Take Oxbryta exactly as your healthcare provider tells you
- Do not change your dose or stop taking Oxbryta unless your healthcare provider tells you to
- Take Oxbryta 1 time each day. Swallow each Oxbryta tablet whole. Do not cut, crush, or chew the tablets
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose if needed
- Your healthcare provider may also prescribe hydroxyurea during treatment with Oxbryta
- Take Oxbryta with or without food